Stir-frys are quick, easy and affordable! Get creative and use whatever you have on hand, or try something below:
- Grains: brown rice, whole grain pasta, instant barley (pick 1)
- Protein: tofu, chicken, lean beef, shrimp (pick 1, dice in large pieces)
- Vegetables: carrots, bell peppers, peas, cauliflower/broccoli, onion, zucchini, brussels sprouts (pick 3, chop)
- Fruits: mango, pineapple, orange (pick 1, chop)
+ pick one sauce below:
- Lemon Stir-Fry Sauce: 3 tbsp lemon juice + 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce + 2 tsp cornstarch (stir together)
- Teriyaki: 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce + 1 tbsp brown sugar + 1 tbsp cornstarch + 1/2 tsp ground ginger (stir together)
Need more flavor? Consider adding: basil, cashews, eggs, green onions, peanuts, cilantro, garlic/ginger, hot peppers.
- Cook grains according to package instructions
- Cook protein and veggies in 2-3 T of oil over medium heat, adding a pinch of salt, cook for 5-7 minutes
- Add sauce, boil then simmer, 2-3 minutes, add fruit (if desired)
- Serve over cooked grains
- Take a picture and share with us!
From our friends at Local Matters.